We want all our young people to have the best possible training and advice to support them into the workplace.
Pending new funding for a project worker our aim is to start this project by November 2019.
A brand new youth training program
Our programme is designed to address the needs of disadvantaged young people, for example:
- Those who are long term unemployed and are considered to be furthest away from the labour market.
- Ex-offenders or those at risk of offending.
- Those who are at the starting or completing a community sentence.
- Young people who have mental health and wellbeing issues.
- Those who are isolated and vulnerable, with no safe home base, sofa surfing or street homeless, perhaps in severe financial difficulty as a compounding disadvantage.
- Young Women whose lives have been constrained by caring roles at home, are still constrained, or single mothers.
- Young people who have left the safety of foster care or are about to do so.
Seven Stages of Mentoring and Support
Led by a new Youth Programme Manager, St Radigunds Mentoring and Support is a Seven Stage programme which is designed to enable young people to build the confidence to overcome whatever disadvantage they face and to grow successfully into adulthood, playing their full part in the community.
- Stage 1 – Bulding mutual Trust and Understanding with their Mentor
- Stage 2 – Creating a Sense of Belonging within the Radigunds family
- Stage 3 – Finding Purpose
- Stage 4 – Exploring Choices
- Stage 5 – Developing Skills
- Stage 6 – Establishing Self Worth
- Stage 7 – Supporting Successful Transition into work and independent living