Community Arts ‘Creative People’ Programme coming soon to Dover
St. Radigunds Community Centre has developed a range of opportunities for local people to discover and explore their creative selves through a broad range of art and craft based activities.
With our new investment in properly equipped Art sessions led by our Artist in Residence, our ‘Creative People’ Community Arts Programme is a reflection of our central position in the community – providing opportunities for local people to discover their individual potential, develop their interests and be really involved in the expression of their own creativity and the identity of Radigunds through the art produced at the Centre.
Our Community Arts Pogramme reflects St. Radigunds Community Centre overall purpose and commitment. And whether you are a local Mum, Dad, Granny or Grandad, someone living on their own, a young person starting out on their own, or a child just discovering the excitement and pleasure of expressing their creative selves, St. Radigunds Community Centre provides creative opportunities across the range of visual and performing arts and crafts to empower and inspire you.
Community Arts Creative People Programme provides:
- Access – From child to elder to provide the opportunity for the community to explore and discover what they can do; maybe for the first time or maybe re-discovering interests and talents from before.
- Affordability – We provide all the materials you may need and offer concessions to those otherwise unable to take part.
- Learning – We provide professionally trained teachers and coaches to encourage and help participants to develop real depth of interest.
- Going Forward – We provide stepping stones for participants to take their interest further; whether in their particular field of art, or to build the confidence and life skills that will support them generally.
- Sharing – To find a real sense of pleasure and enjoyment; joining in and really being part of the wider community. Whether simply showing in our regular exhibitions and having the pleasure of seeing your work on show and being able to say ‘I did that’ . Or by joining in with the support team as a volunteer and further developing your interests; you are bigger in the community.
We all constantly encounter people who have felt discouraged or denied from pursuing their interests. Since they have not had the encouragement or opportunity to have a go, their presumption is that they can’t, rather than they can. We make the difference. at St. Radigunds Community Centre Community Art is for you. So come and discover your creative self.
Classes, Clubs and Projects
From Monday to Friday the St Radigunds programme will include classes, clubs and special community projects taught and led by the Artist in Residence team of professional artists to help you discover, learn and develop the skills and techniques to expand your abilities.
- Adults Drawing and Painting Classes; mornings, afternoons and evenings
- Seniors – over 70’s – Drawing and Painting Classes mornings, afternoons and evenings
- Home Taught Children Drawing and Painting Class 6-11
- Home Taught Children Craft Class 6-11
- Young People Art Class – early evenings from 4-6pm for 11-19 yrs
- Special Needs Support Classes for those with disability
The weekly clubs will run to help people of all ages to use the general community facilities of the centre, the place to be to meet with others
Children Drawing & Painting Club 6-10 yrs
Families Club for parents and Children.
Special Community Project Programmes will include
- Intergeneration discovery
- Outside visits
- Collaborative Projects with local schools to open the wider extension of the programme combining teaching and awareness of critical environmental issues as well as development of creativity skills.
- Collaborative projects linking across the range of performance (dance, theatre, music, story telling) and visual arts programmes
Each St Radigunds class, club and project programme will have opportunities for local people to rediscover the skills and experience they might once have had, and to start using and developing again; or for residents who might be wanting to return to work; or for young people to acquire new skills to assist them in the future.
If you would like to take part as a volunteer in the St Radigunds Creative People Programme then simply let us know. We shall love to meet and explore with you how to join in.
Support, Sponsorship and Partnership
Whilst as much as possible core support for St Radigunds Creative People Programme will come from grant agencies it will need also needs continual help from as many sources of help from the local business community.
The material for each class costs £1000 per term. Even small contributions to this makes a significant difference to the quality of things we shall be able to do.
Likewise if you would like to sponsor an exhibition from a class or special project this too can make all the difference
But if you would like to partner us in the development of any aspect of the programme, whether financial or in kind we would like to hear from you and to discuss how we could make this work really well.
Local support can also include supply of art equipment that is no longer needed. If you have such material or equipment let us know. Please visit our contact page and send us a message.